The Plant Tank

Wednesday, February 08, 2006


Initial planting

I thought I would start this blog mainly to help keep track of my fertilization regimen and also to share with others lessons learned, tips, resources that I come upon along the way.

I recently purchased an aquarium, and after about 3 weeks of watching the fish swim in an empty tank, I quickly decided to convert to a planted aquarium. These are the specs on what I had set up so far as of 1/25/06:

60 R gallon acrylic aquarium.
130 W CF light fixture
5 bags/ 35 kg fluorite substrate
No CO2, external DIY reactor inline with the intake of the Eheim filter in preparation for CO2
Flora: Rotala indica, Rotala rotundifolia, Heteranthera zosterifolia (stargrass), Eleocharis acicularis (dwarf hairgrass), Microsorum pteropus (Java fern), Vesicularia dubyana (Java moss)
Fauna: harlequin rasboras, zebra danios, angelfish (quarter size), dwarf gourami, black mollies, otos, SAEs
Filtration: AquaClear 70, Eheim Classic 2215
Decorations: Some rocks from the LFS, some large river pebbles I already had on hand

I've transferred the first couple weeks of entries I had previously kept off line to this blog to catch up to today.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home