The Plant Tank

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Wiping off the green dust algae

  • pH:
  • Temp: 80
  • KH:
  • GH: 8
  • NH4:
  • NO2:
  • NO3: <1
  • PO4: 1.25
  • Iron:
  • Dosing: 17.5 ppm NO3, 0.8 ppm PO4 (3.75 ppm NO3 on Thursday)
  • NO3:PO4 Cumulative Dosing Ratio: 18:2.05 = 8.8

Notes:
I was away from the tank for a couple days, and when I came back today, all the eggs had disappeared. I don't know what happened to them.

50% water change:
25 mL Amquel+
2.5 tsp baking soda
2 tsp CaCl2
0.5 tsp epsom salts

After watching the green dust algae grow on the tank walls for 3 weeks, I finally wiped it off today. While I was cleaning the tank, I ran the UV sterilizer for an hour or two to help kill any algae spores floating in the water.

Here's a pic of the Kleiner Bar sword plantlet that is quickly sprouting leaves.

I also wanted to note that the leaves of the stargrass were growing in greener (instead of the pale white) and less stunted. Over the past couple days, there has also been an increase in growth of green beard algae.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home