The Plant Tank

Monday, August 21, 2006

RIP my favorite shrimp

  • pH:
  • Temp:
  • KH:
  • GH:
  • NH4:
  • NO2:
  • NO3: 2.5
  • PO4: 1
  • Iron:
  • Dosing: 15 mL Excel, 10 mL Flourish (same yesterday), 10 ppm NO3, 1.6 ppm PO4
  • NO3:PO4 Cumulative Dosing Ratio: 25:3.4 = 7.4

Notes:

The four older angelfish fry have been starting to eat the fish flakes as I've decreased the amount of brine shrimp I've been feeding them. During the cleaning of the tank, I definitely saw a juvenile cherry shrimp, most likely a female. On the other hand, though, today, my favorite shrimp, the large red female, turned up dead. Its shell was cracked. I suspect the angelfish, who have been acting pretty crazed protecting the fry. Or perhaps it died for some reason during molt?? I also saw another $%^& snail, which I promptly crushed with my tweezers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home