The Plant Tank

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Baby shrimp sighting

  • pH:
  • Temp:
  • KH:
  • GH:
  • NH4:
  • NO2:
  • NO3: 5
  • PO4: 1.5
  • Iron:
  • Dosing: 10 ml flourish, 20 ml excel, 7.5 ppm NO3, 1.2 ppm PO4, (3.75 ppm NO3 yesterday)
  • NO3:PO4 Cumulative Dosing Ratio: 33.75:4 = 8.4

Notes:
Saw that the stargrass was looking a bit ragged, checked the nitrates yesterday, was about 5 ppm, so I added another 3.75 ppm yesterday.

I put in a piece of zucchini in a shot glass into the tank yesterday to see if I could catch any snails. There were only less than 5 snails that were kind enough to enter the cup. Manually, I must be killing at least 10 snails a day now.

Today, I saw several tiny baby shrimp about a third of an inch long; it looks like they are doing well and steadily multiplying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home