The Plant Tank

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Date: 1/31/06
pH: 6.8 (morning)
Temp:
KH:
GH:
NH4:
NO2:
NO3:
PO4: 0.15 (before today’s dose)
Iron: ?
Dosing: 5 mL Flourish, 30 mL OLD Flourish Iron + 20 mL NEW Flourish Iron, 5 mL KH2PO4 (0.15 ppm)

Notes:
The stargrass looks slightly better, though the new leaves are still growing in very palely. I’ve been putting in at least 0.4ppm of Flourish Iron (20 mL), with no significant effect. I had ordered two 250 mL bottles of Flourish Iron, and on a hunch, I opened up the second bottle of Flourish. The second bottle’s liquid was noticeably lighter and greener in color, while the bottle I had been using had a darker brown color. There had also been some liquid stains on the first bottle, perhaps it had leaked or been open. Maybe the browner color indicated some sort of oxidation had occurred, I have no idea. I decided to dose a significant amount of the new bottle (0.4 ppm, 20 mL) to see if there was any difference. If not, then I will just try upping the dosage of Flourish instead. I had also tried to use the Red Sea Iron test kit, but it never seems to detect any iron, even if I add some Flourish Iron directly to the test solution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home