The Plant Tank

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Reduced BBA

  • pH:
  • Temp:
  • KH:
  • GH:
  • NH4:
  • NO2:
  • NO3: 10-20
  • PO4: 1.25
  • Iron:
  • Dosing: 5 mL Flourish, 5 mL iron chelate (0.5 ppm)
  • NO3:PO4 Cumulative Dosing Ratio: 15:2.4 = 6.25

Notes:
I have tiny bits of what looks like BBA (black brush alage) growing on a rock. The rock sits in an area of lower water circulation than other parts of the tank. This morning, I increased the flow rate of my AquaClear filter from the usual min rate to the max rate. I usually keep it at the min rate to prevent the CO2 from escaping, but I wanted to improved circulation in the tank. Last night, I also upped the CO2 rate a bit. Well, this evening, I noticed that the amount of BBA had mysteriously decreased in half. I don't know if it was because of the increased circulation or the increased CO2, or if perhaps the SAE suddenly decided to snack on the BBA, but I definitely noticed the reduction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home