The Plant Tank

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Eheim sludge extractor

  • pH:
  • Temp:
  • KH:
  • GH:
  • NH4:
  • NO2:
  • NO3:
  • PO4:
  • Iron:
  • Dosing: 15 mL Flourish, 1.5 ppm iron chelate, 1 tsp epsom salts
  • NO3:PO4 Cumulative Dosing Ratio:

Notes:
I picked out more dying A. reineckii leaves. Since the leaves are still melting, I decided to dose some more magnesium, since I had been keeping the levels low.

I also received the Eheim sludge extractor today. It was on sale for $50 at Petco, and usually retails for about $90 at other sites. It is battery powered, and it seems to have roughly as much suction power as my Python hose. As I used it in the tank today, the filter got filled up with debris, which I had to clean out a couple times. It basically works as well as the Python, but without having to suck out the water. Thumbs up.

I noticed a slight increase in green algae (green beard, some mystery non-filamentous green algae) today, possibly due to the high levels of micros I am dosing.

I also noticed a few new pinholes developed in a few of the anubias nana. This always seems to occur when I run the UVS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home