The Plant Tank

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Lots of Calcium helping with stunting

  • pH:
  • Temp: 82
  • KH:
  • GH:
  • NH4:
  • NO2:
  • NO3:
  • PO4:
  • Iron:
  • Dosing: 15 ppm NO3, 1.6 ppm PO4, 8 tsp CaCl2, 1.5 tsp MgSO4, (5 mL Flourish, 0.5 ppm iron chelate yesterday)
  • NO3:PO4 Cumulative Dosing Ratio: 15:1.6 = 9.4

Notes:
Although it was only a day, the big dose of Ca seems to have helped with the stunting. The Rotala indica started to grow large leaves again. For the water change, I added the same total CaCl2 dose that I added over the past week, which is much more than I've ever added before. I added a little less epsom salts this weeek than last.

The A. reineckii doesn't seem to have any more melting leaves, it either seems to have recovered from the UV or benefitted from the extra magnesium.

The remaining staghorn algae seems to slowly be dying off.

Yesterday, I also took out the prefilter sponge to the AquaClear filter. It was clogging up too quickly, so that I had to clean it out a couple times a week. I haven't seen any shrimp for the past couple weeks, I've probably ended up killing them.

50% water change:
25 mL Amquel+
8 tsp CaCl2
1.5 tsp epsom salts
12 tsp KNO3
8 tsp KH2PO4

Over the past couple days, I've also noticed a lot of short (2-3 mm) bright green filaments/thin hairs floating in the water. It's as if there was dust motes floating around.

This evening, the angels also spawned again, on another sword leaf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home