The Plant Tank

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Fry tails!

  • pH:
  • Temp: 84
  • KH:
  • GH:
  • NH4:
  • NO2:
  • NO3: 7.5
  • PO4: 2.5
  • Iron:
  • Dosing: 25 mL Excel, 5 ppm NO3
  • NO3:PO4 Cumulative Dosing Ratio: 37.5:3.6 = 10.4

Notes:
In the morning, when I removed the filter bag covering the angelfish eggs, there was a bit of fungus on the eggs, which the mother angelfish promptly cleaned. There's currently a heat wave in my area, so the tank is pretty warm, about 84 degrees. I think because it's been so warm, by the afternoon, I could already see tails of the angelfish fry wriggling out of some of the eggs. I noticed that some of the eggs were moved to another small leaf. The angelfish kept picking at the leaf, and when the eggs would come loose, they would mouth the eggs and try to redeposit them. The leaf was too small to hold the eggs, so the eggs would fall off again. They kept doing this over and over again, until I decided to remove those eggs. I moved those eggs on the small leaf to the breeding cage to see if they would survive without the care of the fish, but I left the other eggs on the sword leaf with the parents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home