The Plant Tank

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Upping Ca proportion

  • pH:
  • Temp:
  • KH:
  • GH:
  • NH4:
  • NO2:
  • NO3:
  • PO4:
  • Iron:
  • Dosing: 5 ppm KNO3, 1.2 ppm KH2PO4
  • NO3:PO4 Cumulative Dosing Ratio:

Notes:
50% water change:
2.5 tsp baking soda
2 tsp Equilibrium
1.5 tsp CaCl2
1/8 tsp MgSO4
25 mL Amquel+

I noticed that some of the leaves of the stargrass were white and curled, perhaps indicating a Ca deficiency. I think I had dosed enough Ca during the last water change, so for this water change, I reduced the relative amounts of Mg and potassium (potassium from ~20 ppm to ~15 ppm) instead.

Last night, I also ran the UV sterilizer for about 5 hours after lights out to get the water clearer. I ran it before the water change so that if the UVS has some effect on precipitating out any minerals, then that would be mostly fixed during the water change. I also added in a Flourish root tab near the base of the Kleiner Bar sword to see if that would help it out any more. The sword is growing in about one nice red leaf a week, but hopefully, the root tab will help prevent any black spots from developing in the older leaves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home