The Plant Tank

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Tending to the eggs

  • pH:
  • Temp: 80
  • KH:
  • GH:
  • NH4:
  • NO2:
  • NO3:
  • PO4:
  • Iron:
  • Dosing: 5 mL Flourish, 0.5 ppm iron chelate
  • NO3:PO4 Cumulative Dosing Ratio:

Notes:
The female angelfish has been staying close to the eggs while the male is busy chasing other fish (and my camera) away. If the eggs turn white, meaning they are infertile, the female will pick off and eat the infertile eggs.

I don't know whether to separate the eggs into another area to let them hatch and see if I can raise the fry or to just let the eggs be. The first spawning disappeared after I was away for several days, so I don't know what happened to them. I do have a netted breeding area I could move the eggs to.

Eggs on the Kleiner Bar sword with mother angelfish tending.

After water change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home