The Plant Tank

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Feeding the fry for the first time

  • pH:
  • Temp:
  • KH:
  • GH:
  • NH4:
  • NO2:
  • NO3:
  • PO4:
  • Iron:
  • Dosing: 5 mL Flourish, 20 mL Excel, 7.5 ppm NO3, 0.3 ppm PO4
  • NO3:PO4 Cumulative Dosing Ratio: 35:3.6 = 9.7

Notes:
The fry must have been hungry today, because when I fed them the newly hatched brine shrimp for the first time, they immediately gobbled it up. Most of the fry ate the shrimp until their bellies were bulging and pink. Today's headcount is about 17 fry. The brine shrimp survive for several hours, so I only had to feed the fry twice today. Any shrimp that swam out of the net cage were eagerly eaten by the rasboras. The larger angelfish ignored the shrimp.

Since the algae problem is under control with the help of Excel, I upped the light period back from 11 hours to 12 hours. Also, I noticed that the green dust algae, while still building up, seems to have decreased in half again. I think it's because I cleaned out the cannister filter, which was very dirty and gunked up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home