The Plant Tank

Friday, August 04, 2006

Plant observations

  • pH:
  • Temp:
  • KH:
  • GH:
  • NH4:
  • NO2:
  • NO3:
  • PO4:
  • Iron:
  • Dosing: 10 mL Flourish, 25 mL Excel
  • NO3:PO4 Cumulative Dosing Ratio:

Notes:
I spotted a small snail crawling in the tank, but it disappeared before I could get to it and kill it. It might have come hitched on the last batch of plants, since I had run out of the alum to disinfect the plants.

Otherwise, the plants are doing pretty well, the Rotala indica is slowly improving, though still not recovered to its former pre-stunted glory. The tops of the L. repens are nice and bright red. It seems that heavy dosing of micros (and light) is key to the redness.

I'm not sure, but my suspicion is that the overdose of Excel seems to be causing some of the hairgrass to turn yellow. When I was away from the tank for a couple days and did no t dose excel, the hairgrass seemed to sprout new large green blades. Even the glosso seems to behave the same way. The other plants don't seem to be affected. Like I mentioned earlier, I will try to step down the Excel to a sustainable minimum to minimize the negative effects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home