The Plant Tank

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Green water slowly coming back

  • pH:
  • Temp:
  • KH:
  • GH:
  • NH4:
  • NO2:
  • NO3:
  • PO4:
  • Iron:
  • Dosing: 5 mL Flourish, 5 mL iron chelate (0.5 ppm)
  • NO3:PO4 Cumulative Dosing Ratio:

Notes:
Well, it looks like the green water is slowly, but surely coming back. Damn. Each day, it's getting a little more cloudy. It seems like I need to run the diatom filter to try to get the levels low enough (getting it tomorrow) to get rid of it once and for all. The plants are growing at a nice rate though with the higher phosphate/nitrate levels, it already looks like a jungle in there.

I still haven't gotten my order of plants/cherry shrimp from aquariumplants.com. I emailed them about my order, no response. When I finally called them, they said they were out of stock of the ludwigia peruensis, though the website said they were in stock. They were supposed to call me back about when they were getting it in, but no response again. I don't know why these internet plant retailers are so flaky!

I decided to order the cherry shrimp from petshrimp.com, instead, which has a better price per shrimp ($2.50 versus $4.50). The owner there (Mustafa) also seems to take good care of his shrimp and was much more responsive to my questions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home