The Plant Tank

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Dosing some more Ca/Mg

  • pH:
  • Temp:
  • KH:
  • GH:
  • NH4:
  • NO2:
  • NO3: 10-20
  • PO4:
  • Iron:
  • Dosing: 5 mL Flourish, 0.5 ppm iron chelate, 2 tsp CaCl2, 0.5 tsp MgSO4
  • NO3:PO4 Cumulative Dosing Ratio:

Notes:
Green dust algae building up on tank walls. I also noticed an increase in staghorn and thread algae. The Rotala is not growing much this week, so I've added some more Ca/Mg to see if that would help. It is said that staghorn flourishes when there is not enough macro nutrients (which one??). I remember last time when I increased nitrates that the staghorn seemed to go away. I had bumped up the nitrates yesterday, so hopefully that will help with the staghorn. I'm also going to double the micro dosing for the rest of the week to see if that makes a difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home