The Plant Tank

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Adding Excel

  • pH:
  • Temp: 82
  • KH: 4
  • GH: 11
  • NH4:
  • NO2:
  • NO3:
  • PO4:
  • Iron:
  • Dosing: 10 mL Flourish, 50 mL Excel
  • NO3:PO4 Cumulative Dosing Ratio:

Notes:
I received some Seachem Excel today. Excel is supposed to be a liquid carbon supplement, but it unofficially is also supposed to somehow act as an algicide. The instructions say to set the first dose to 25 mL for 50 gallons, which I doubled. Subsequent daily doses are supposed to be 5 mL. I will probably increase that either by 3x or 5x. I hope that this overdosing of Excel will have some effect on the algae.

The KH was 4, lower than my target 5, so I added 0.5 tsp baking soda.

This morning, I noticed that the leaves of the L. repens and some of the java fern were pale in color in some areas of the leaf, almost white. Odd. There also wasn't quite as much pearling today. Perhaps it is adjusting to the decrease in Ca/Mg with yesterday's water change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home