The Plant Tank

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Throwing in some potassium

  • pH:
  • Temp:
  • KH:
  • GH:
  • NH4:
  • NO2:
  • NO3: 10-20
  • PO4:
  • Iron:
  • Dosing: 10 mL Flourish, 1 ppm iron chelate, 8 ppm Flourish potassium
  • NO3:PO4 Cumulative Dosing Ratio:

Notes:
No changes in growth still. Threw in som potassium tonight to see if that would make any difference over the next day or two before the weekly water change. I'm really scratching my head as to why there's no change in the stunting. I've also noticed that although the amount of phosphate is being used at the usual rate (approx 0.25-0.5 ppm per day), nitrates don't seem to be used at all. I don't know if whatever deficiency is somehow tied to this...

This week, the stargrass has been growing okay (though not with the giant leaves I've been able to get in the past). The leaves, though have been growing in pale again. I had always thought that it was always because of an iron deficiency, but I have not changed the iron dosing routine much. Over the past several weeks, the leaves were green with the same or less amount of iron dosing. Perhaps there is another mineral deficiency or perhaps this other deficiency is tied somehow to iron uptake. I have no idea, as usual!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home