The Plant Tank

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Isolating the angelfish eggs

  • pH:
  • Temp:
  • KH:
  • GH:
  • NH4:
  • NO2:
  • NO3:
  • PO4:
  • Iron:
  • Dosing: 10 mL Flourish, 25 mL Excel
  • NO3:PO4 Cumulative Dosing Ratio:

Notes:
The angelfish pair spawned again. This time, the female laid even more eggs this time, arranged very closely together. It looks like she is getting the hang of the process.

Because the eggs from the last couple spawnings disappeared, probably because the angelfish ate the eggs, I decided to separate the eggs from them this time. I don't have a separate tank, so I cut off the leaf that housed the eggs, and I put the eggs and leaf into one of those netted breeder cages. Now, I can observe better to see what happens to the eggs over the next several days.

The angelfish pair seemed upset when I took away their eggs, because afterwards, they chased the other fish around the tank repeatedly. Obviously, they couldn't take it out on me. Sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home