The Plant Tank

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Stargrass leaves growing larger

  • pH:
  • Temp:
  • KH:
  • GH:
  • NH4:
  • NO2:
  • NO3:
  • PO4:
  • Iron:
  • Dosing: 10 mL Flourish, 25 mL Excel, 10 ppm NO3, 0.8 ppm PO4
  • NO3:PO4 Cumulative Dosing Ratio: 35:3.6 = 9.7

Notes:
You can see the staghorn algae turning red and dying on the leaf of the sword plant.

The stargrass is growing in nice and big, though not as big as I have been able to grow it once. The leaves are about 1-2 inches long, and I used to be able to get the leaves to grow a whopping 3-4 inches long. Just don't ask me how I did it.

Some of the leaves are very pale, though. I used to think it was due to an iron deficiency, but I've seen it turn green while tweaking some other element, even while having the iron remain constant. It might be nitrogen? Or perhaps one or more element of Ca/Mg/K.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home